Bachelor of Laws Degree Programme
The Department of Legal Studies offers the Degree of Bachelor of Laws (LLB) with the intention of teaching core courses in law.
Constitutional Law, Principles of Equity, Introduction to the Laws of Sri Lanka, Legal Method, Law of Contracts, Criminal Law, Family Law, Administrative Law, Land Law, Environmental Law, Public International Law, Jurisprudence, Labour Law, Commercial Law, Human Rights Law, Law of Delict
A person aged 18 years or above who has acquired any of the following educational/professional qualifications is eligible to apply for this programme
- Have four (04) passes at the General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) Examination (under the old syllabus which has four (04) subjects) of which at least three (03) passes should have been obtained at one and the same sitting in any stream, OR
- Have three (03) passes at the General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) Examination in Sri Lanka at one and the same sitting in any stream, OR
- Have thirty (30) course credits at SLQF Level 2 or above from any Programme offered by the Open University of Sri Lanka, OR
- Be an Attorney-at-Law of the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka, OR
- Have an equivalent or higher Qualification acceptable to the Senate.
Application for Bachelor of Laws Degree Programme
|Issuing of Applications:||13th September 2020|
|Closing Date for Applications:||13th October 2020|
|Selection Test Date:||December 2020|
CLICK HERE to download the prospectus for Bachelor of Laws Degree Programme
Post expires at 12:00pm on Tuesday October 13th, 2020